Unata in a nutshell…Look at us! We’re in a nutshell!
Unata is on a mission to build the grocery shopping experience of the future. Our white label platform powers the digital customer experience for some of North America’s most well-respected grocers, and we don’t plan on stopping here. We were acquired by Instacart in 2018 so that we could take over the grocery world with the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the market. Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Your future fellow spirit animals…
We’re a group of people with a strong moral compass, and with bright ideas who actively collaborate with one another to achieve goals as a team. We’re a passionate bunch who want to create something that has never been done before.
Our pieces of flare…
Canada's (#2) Best Place to Work (SMB, 2017).
Canada's 11th, and North America's 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company (PROFIT 500),
Canada's 50 fastest growing companies
Canada's top 20 most innovative companies.
What you will be doing…
The Front End Team is responsible for building our platform's core platform features. Our product roadmap is full of challenging projects that require innovative engineering solutions. Alongside a team of designers, engineers and data scientists, you’ll be building scalable and robust distributed systems that power the best digital grocery experience in the market.
We value Front End Engineers who have the following…
- Have a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Bring deep hands-on experience building large, modular client-side apps using MVC style frameworks like AngularJs/Angular, React, Vue.js and Ember.js. You take a fast moving, iterative approach to development.
- Desire to constantly evolve their tools and methods; and pursue best practices and work towards incorporating new advances.
- Are enthusiastic and energetic, striving daily for new heights and making an impact.
- Continually create side projects and open source code you are proud of.
- Are comfortable writing performant client side code & crafting a fast UI.
- Have an eye for design and usability and experience building mobile web applications
- Have some experience building mobile applications either native, or using web frameworks
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; are open to feedback and able to provide constructive criticism fairly and are comfortable speaking to internal and external clients at any level.
What this opportunity has to offer for you…
- The chance to help shape the technical future of our product as we scale to scores of retail partners and millions of users
- Participation in daily stand-up (providing a status of work completed and in-progress), team sprint planning and solution design meetings; as well as in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Present work performed to other team members for constructive review. Communicating design decisions and solutions to other teams in the form of tech circles in effort of improving awareness, and soliciting feedback and buy in on approach.
- Provide retrospective feedback for failures and errors in development and/or processes.
- Ensure development practices and process is followed along with compliance to company standards.
- The opportunity to mentor junior engineers via pairing, design review, participation in code reviews to help maintain best practices.
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues
- Time to attend various developer conferences, like PyCon, where our Team is regularly selected to present
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact - this ain’t no “another-day-another-dollar” gig!
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies and implementing them when they make sense
- … and more!
Want to join a talented team of people changing the way the world grocery shops?
Unata is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team representative of the city we live in, and the people who use our product everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety perspectives and that experience comes in many forms. If you are reading this posting and thinking 'I could do that!', we strongly encourage you to apply (i.e. exact experience not required).
Apply today with a copy of your resume, and let us know why you're a great fit for the position! Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent, please visit www.instacart.com.