Unata in a nutshell…Look at us! We’re in a nutshell!
Unata is on a mission to build the grocery shopping experience of the future. Our white label platform powers the digital customer experience for some of North America’s most well-respected grocers, and we don’t plan on stopping here. We were acquired by Instacart in 2018 so that we could take over the grocery world with the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the market. Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
We’re a group of people with a strong moral compass, and with bright ideas who actively collaborate with one another to achieve goals as a team. We’re a passionate bunch who want to create something that has never been done before.
Our pieces of flare…
- Canada's (#2) Best Place to Work (SMB, 2017).
- Canada's 11th, and North America's 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company (PROFIT 500),
- Canada's 50 fastest growing companies
- Canada's top 20 most innovative companies.
Our QA Engineers...
Contribute to the design and implementation of an automation testing framework against the UI, database and API's, to make sure our front-end and back-end teams are pushing the best quality code possible. You’ll work with our team of designers, developers, QA's and data scientists to build solutions that power slick mobile and web applications, personalized content services, and robust integrations with retailer data systems.
We value QA Engineers (Mobile) who have the following…
- Knowledge of various automation frameworks.
- Experience creating automated tests with Appium for at least 2 years is a must.
- The ability to plan, prepare and execute system and regression testing of application and systems software releases
- Ability to write, maintain, and execute automated tests across multiple platforms.
- Experience reviewing requirements, functional specifications, and technical specifications with respect to correctness, consistency, comprehensiveness and testability.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Knowledge of various software testing methods (Regression, Load/Stress, Code Coverage Analysis, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance).
- Understanding of and experience using RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Circle CI).
- Understanding of bug triage processes and best practices.
- Solid understanding of engineering best practices: automated testing, version control systems, documentation, continuous integration, duct tape redundancy, etc.
- You feel right at home (cd ~) in a Unix development environment.
- Experience creating automated tests in Robot Framework
- Knowledge of RESTful API Testing.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
What this opportunity has to offer for you…
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Work side by side with the engineering teams to assist in the release process for new features, hotfixes, and maintenance code.
- Implement automation tools and scripts to test front-end applications as well as back-end services and integrations.
- Provide guidance and ensure that best-practices are applied to Unata’s unit, integration, and functional test cases throughout our codebase.
- Maintain an efficient and effective bug triage process.
- Assist in creating and implementing an QA automation roadmap.
- Help us scale our platform to support millions of shoppers across multiple retail partners around the globe.
Want to join a talented team of people changing the way the world grocery shops?
Unata is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team representative of the city we live in, and the people who use our product everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety perspectives and that experience comes in many forms. If you are reading this posting and thinking 'I could do that!', we strongly encourage you to apply (i.e. exact experience not required).
Apply today with a copy of your resume, and let us know why you're a great fit for the position! Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent company, please visit www.instacart.com.