Who are we?
We are Canada's 11th, and North America's 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company (PROFIT 500), and Canada's (#2) Best Place to Work (SMB, 2017).
At Unata, we’re shaping the future of the retail experience. We power digital experiences for some of North America’s most well-respected grocery chains. Our white-label platform powers award-winning e-commerce experiences, digital flyers and digital loyalty programs, allowing the retailer to automatically tailor each shopper’s experience at an individual level so that they can deliver 1-to-1 personalized content and offers.
In other words, we enable customer experiences that make shopping easier and more personal, such as allowing shoppers to order their groceries online and pick up in-store / have them delivered, and allowing shoppers to receive a completely personalized version of the Flyer based on their purchase history.
We are one of Canada's 50 fastest growing companies, and were listed as one of Canada's top 20 most innovative companies. And we have no plans on slowing down! We are absolutely committed to continuous innovation, bringing together a team of Canada’s brightest developers, designers, project managers and marketers.
Acquired by Instacart in 2018, Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada. With over 75 employees and plans to keep growing, our team includes some of the best, brightest and most driven minds from across the world in systems integrations, software development, data science, product management, design, and customer success. We’ve joined forces to provide the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the industry. Want to join a talented team of people changing the way the world grocery shops? Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent, please visit www.instacart.com.
Want to be part of the future of retail? We’d love to hear from you!
Why This Opportunity is Cool
The Frontend Team is responsible for building our platform's core platform features. Our product roadmap is full of challenging projects that require innovative engineering solutions. Alongside a team of designers, engineers and data scientists, you’ll be building scalable and robust distributed systems that power the best digital grocery experience in the market.
Our Best Frontend Engineers
- Have a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Bring deep hands-on experience building large, modular client-side apps using MVC style frameworks like AngularJs/Angular, React, Vue.js and Ember.js. You take a fast moving, iterative approach to development.
- Desire to constantly evolve their tools and methods; and pursue best practices and work towards incorporating new advances.
- Are enthusiastic and energetic, striving daily for new heights and making an impact.
- Continually create side projects and open source code you are proud of.
- Are comfortable writing performant client side code & crafting a fast UI.
- Have an eye for design and usability and experience building mobile web applications
- Have some experience building mobile applications either native, or using web frameworks
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; are open to feedback and able to provide constructive criticism fairly and are comfortable speaking to internal and external clients at any level.
What This Opportunity Gives You
- The chance to help shape the technical future of our product as we scale to scores of retail partners and millions of users
- Participation in daily stand-up (providing a status of work completed and in-progress), team sprint planning and solution design meetings; as well as in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Present work performed to other team members for constructive review. Communicating design decisions and solutions to other teams in the form of tech circles in effort of improving awareness, and soliciting feedback and buy in on approach.
- Provide retrospective feedback for failures and errors in development and/or processes.
- Ensure development practices and process is followed along with compliance to company standards.
- The opportunity to mentor junior engineers via pairing, design review, participation in code reviews to help maintain best practices.
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues
- Time to attend various developer conferences, like PyCon, where our Team is regularly selected to present
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact - this ain’t no “another-day-another-dollar” gig!
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies and implementing them when they make sense
- … and more!
What Are You Waiting For?
Apply today with a copy of your resume, and let us know why you're a great fit for the position!