Who are we?
We are Canada's 11th, and North America's 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company (PROFIT 500), and Canada's (#2) Best Place to Work (SMB, 2017).
At Unata, we’re shaping the future of the retail experience. We power digital experiences for some of North America’s most well-respected grocery chains. Our white-label platform powers award-winning e-commerce experiences, digital flyers and digital loyalty programs, allowing the retailer to automatically tailor each shopper’s experience at an individual level so that they can deliver 1-to-1 personalized content and offers.
In other words, we enable customer experiences that make shopping easier and more personal, such as allowing shoppers to order their groceries online and pick up in-store / have them delivered, and allowing shoppers to receive a completely personalized version of the Flyer based on their purchase history.
We are one of Canada's 50 fastest growing companies, and were listed as one of Canada's top 20 most innovative companies. And we have no plans on slowing down! We are absolutely committed to continuous innovation, bringing together a team of Canada’s brightest developers, designers, project managers and marketers.
Acquired by Instacart in 2018, Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada. With over 75 employees and plans to keep growing, our team includes some of the best, brightest and most driven minds from across the world in systems integrations, software development, data science, product management, design, and customer success.
Acquired by Instacart in 2018, we’ve joined forces to provide the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the industry. Want to join a talented team of people changing the way the world grocery shops? Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent, please visit www.instacart.com.
Want to be part of the future of retail? We’d love to hear from you!
Why This Opportunity is Cool
As part of the Product team focused on delivery, you will be the main Product contact for our clients. You will ensure our clients are knowledgeable, up to date, and optimizing use of our product. Alongside a team of designers, engineers and data scientists, you’ll be powering the best digital grocery experience in the market.
Our Next Customer Product Manager
- Brings 3+ years of product management experience (e-commerce preferred)
- Has a degree in a business or technical discipline
- Is a brilliant communicator and is skilled at interacting with clients and building relationships
- Will review ongoing performance metrics & Full Story for each client, sharing results with Customer Success Manager and using this information to help clients optimize the client’s use of our platform
- Will be responsible for scope of client project / implementation, the gathering and writing of requirements for engineers that clearly articulate the goals of desired solutions, and maintaining master client feature sheets
- Drives new product features and modules for our core retail platform as requested by our clients, by understanding client business needs and working internally to develop solutions
- Will work jointly with both clients and internal teams to conduct Deploys, including testing on Dev and Stage environments before pushing out to Production environment
- Exemplifies a service- and client-minded approach to both external customers and internal stakeholders
- Can create JIRA tickets for the development backlog for our functional teams and manage priority of those tickets for each client
- Has a valid driver's license and passport, and is able to travel to client sites 2-3 days per month
What This Opportunity Gives You
- The opportunity to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Unata Platform, while keeping both the shopper and client points of view in mind
- Responsibility for a number of our clients with the responsibility of ensuring that our platform is meeting their business needs
- The opportunity to guide clients' adoption of new features and understanding of updated technical specifications, where required
- Oversight for providing project plans for new client onboarding and phases for the sales team
- A chance to positively contribute toward the delivery of client solutions and/or internal process and projects
- Cross-functional exposure as you work with the customer success team and clients to ensure that we are continually improving our platform and gathering valuable feedback
- An opportunity to take part in client facing meetings and project kickoffs, and contribute to shaping our platform product roadmap
- Responsibility for thinking "what could go wrong" and obsessing over excellence
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact - this ain’t no “another-day-another-dollar” gig!
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies and implementing them when they make sense
- … and more!
What Are You Waiting For?
Apply today with a copy of your resume, and let us know why you're a great fit for the position!