DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER
What are we looking for?
Unata is looking for a Data Developer candidate to build and optimize our distributed data pipeline to process millions of data points coming in on a daily basis. You will be part of our Engineering team working on solutions to shape the future of grocery retail, and participate in project integration efforts between Unata’s platform solution and a retailer’s back end systems.
Our ideal candidate will be very familiar with Python, UNIX tools, SQL, and feel comfortable working in an agile development environment while also participating in client meetings.
You will collaborate with our platform development team, solution sales and client IT teams, and contribute by designing, building, and testing retail solutions that are created on a basis of scalability, modularity and customizability.
Who are we?
Unata powers the future of 1-to-1 omni-commerce, interconnecting all digital retail touchpoints including circulars, e-commerce, loyalty programs and beacons through an omni-channel experience that links web, mobile, email and more. Unata’s award-winning platform leverages recommendation technology to ensure true 1-to-1 shopper experiences and includes management tools to target and analyze shoppers across the path to purchase. Unata has empowered retailers like Longo’s and Grocery Gateway since 2012 and is headquartered in Toronto, ON.
What makes working at Unata so great?
- Working with dedicated people that want to make an impact. This ain’t no another-day-another-dollar gig.
- A working environment where your opinions are discarded. Just kidding, your opinions are valuable. That’s why we want to hire you!
- A team that appreciates learning new technologies and implementing them when they make sense.
- Attending various developer conferences like PyCon where our team is regularly selected to present (Latest tutorial)
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Stocked-up fridge full of food and beer.
- Totally-optional, totally-fun activities every Friday, usually ping pong at Spin Toronto or board games in the office.
What will you be doing?
- Develop data transformation pipelines for high volume and high availability integrations, leveraging parallel programming techniques and distributed systems.
- Build, scale, and optimize data integration APIs.
- Develop integration tools and processes for third party gateways/services.
- Drive the technical discovery efforts with new and existing retail clients.
- Creating and maintaining technical specifications and supporting documentation.
- Solid software development skills, preferably in Python.
- Understanding of SQL relational databases models and object relational mappings. Experience with PostgreSQL is a big plus!
- You feel at ~ in a Unix development environment.
- You understand the basics of concurrent programming and distributed queueing systems for asynchronous processing.
- You follow engineering best practices: automated testing, version control systems, documentation, continuous integration.
- Excellent communication, presentation and client facing skills.
- Entrepreneurial, creative spirit and self starter.
You want to be the greatest ping pong player in the world (or the office)