Who Are We?
At Unata, we’re shaping the future of the retail experience. We power digital experiences for some of North America’s most well-respected grocery chains. Our white-label platform powers award-winning e-commerce experiences, digital flyers and digital loyalty programs, allowing the retailer to automatically tailor each shopper’s experience at an individual level so that they can deliver 1-to-1 personalized content and offers.
In other words, we enable customer experiences that make shopping easier and more personal, such as allowing shoppers to order their groceries online and pick up in-store / have them delivered, and allowing shoppers to receive a completely personalized version of the Flyer based on their purchase history.
We are one of Canada's 50 fastest growing companies, and were listed as one of Canada's top 20 most innovative companies. And we have no plans on slowing down! We are absolutely committed to continuous innovation, bringing together a team of Canada’s brightest developers, designers, project managers and marketers.
Want to be part of the future of retail? We’d love to hear from you!
Why This Opportunity is Cool
This is a unique role for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is hungry to learn and has the ability to maintain the bigger picture while thinking outside the box. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will support the overall marketing strategy by working on a variety of communication tactics to position Unata as a thought leader and generate new quality leads for the sales team, including content creation and distribution, public relations, conference and event execution, website and digital channel management, and more.
Our Best Marketing Team Members
- Bring 3 to 5 years of experience in a marketing role, working with senior key stakeholders and managing vendors and external relationships
- Possess very strong writing, project management & organization skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability to multi-task and change focus as needed
- Have solid experience with all aspects of digital marketing, including website builds, Public Relations, and running events
- Bring a strong understanding of current social media channels, web tools, SEO and PPC; along with a general understanding of inbound marketing strategy and tactics
- Ideally have experience in B2B marketing, grocery and/or retailer industry experience, as well as experience working at a tech startup, in eCommerce or in the technology sector
What This Opportunity Gives You
- The chance to be involved with content creation, including but not limited to publication articles, white papers, eBooks, videos and case studies
- Ownership and management of Unata’s content calendar
- Coordinate & monitor inbound marketing campaigns
- A chance to assist with Public Relations, including press release development and agency management
- Ownership and management of all grocery retail events & conferences in the US and abroad related to our strategic lead generation effort
- Management of all award submissions, speaking engagement submissions, our social media channels, Unata's website (including monitoring and optimization)
- Responsibility to monitor industry and competitor activity
- Ownership and management over all local (GTA) tech industry events related to building Unata’s brand to support talent acquisition efforts
- ownership of Unata’s Client Summit; a two day bi-annual event that involves hosting all of our retail partners
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact - this ain’t no “another-day-another-dollar” gig!
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies and implementing them when they make sense
What Are You Waiting For?
Send us a copy of your resume, and let us know why you're a great fit for the position!